Thursday, November 10, 2016

Retreat layouts part 1

Hello all time for me to share some of the photos I got scrapped this past weekend at Camp Cascade retreat center.
 

I tried something new with this layout, as my hostess for the weekend was demonstrating the new Creative memories recipe cards.  It's Kind of like a sketch but more just pre measured cuts of two sided paper to create the base layouts to get the most out of your paper.  Below are close ups of the page and the 2 page spread is a bit dark.  the fun thing is I use a kit from my monthly subscription to TSR instead of the CM papers.  

 




I already posted this layout for the It's Fall Y'all challenge at Use your stuff so head on over there to check out all the other inspiration

This one is one of my biggest achievements as I finally used the overlay that has been living in my stash for years.  The hardest part is figuring out how to attach the overlay to the paper without showing adhesive.  I went with staples to give it more of a cosmic look and wrote straight on to the photos so as not to cover up any of the overlay.


Another stash item.  templates I used the flower petals for the layout above and a grid template for the layout below.  Made it worth dragging around and keeping my templates.  Going to pull them out more in the future.



Another one of the CM recipes but I flipped the orientation on its side to work for my photos.  Kind of blew away the other ladies who where struggling with the whole cut to measure concept.  So fun to just blindly cut the patterned paper and throw it down.  Less then 10minute layout.

Another stash buster.  All the elements where from a GS journal and gift set that was given to me by a former scout. 









 
I have more photos in a different album to take pictures of but I was done fighting with the kitten walking through the photo shot and knocking over the propped up pages.  So till next post this is it.
Hope you enjoyed my share
 
 

1 comment: