Sunday, October 9, 2016

Halloween Cookies

Hi there, I'm doing something I don't normally do and that's combining DT assignments.
 I'm short on time this week and the two challenges blend so well that I gave it a go.
So here we go:
Assignment for Lasting Memories is to create a layout for the "All about Fall "challenges with this week challenge to use nature elements in your layout (sticks, twigs, leaves, pumpkins) either in your photos or as embellishments.  I went with silk leaves as embellishments which lends itself to my assignment for Use Your Stuff which is to create a card, layout or altered art piece using Orange, black and neutral only.  I cheated a bit as I used two neutrals- dark gray and white and the leaves aren't just orange but you get the idea.
 
 

I fussy cut the camera from a journal card and then used the left over pieces to create the photo corners at the top of the layout.  It helps pull some of the white up to the top of the page for some balance and also acts as an anchor for my embellishment clusters.  

I journaled in white so it would pop off the black background.  I thought about using gold to bring out more of the glitter on the leaves but went with the sequence glitter instead
 
Hope you like my smash of challenges and that you join me at both
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment