Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Christmas

I originally started this layout for the here comes Santa challenge at lasting memories, but just ran out of time.  We have been cruising ahead on the demolition phase of the upper floor at the farm house and every free moment is spent over there pulling nails out of the fir tongue  and grove planking to get to the bare studs. Happy to say that we are all most done with the pulling apart now to put it back together in a way that is more up to date and practical.  I'll share pictures soon.  In the mean time here's my finished layout.
I used a special pack of CM Christmas paper that I got a few years back.  I like the muted Christmas tones as they worked well with my older pictures.  This is of our 1st Christmas in Hawaii (1981).  Santa and Christmas trees seemed so out of place in the nice 70 degree weather.

I cut the tree from artbooking cartridge by aligning the image so it hung over the cutting edge. This allowed me to pop up the detail cuts to give the tree some added dimension as well as inked all the edges with chalk ink. Sprinkled in some rhinestones and tree is decorated.

me and my brother with Santa.
 
The lasting memories Dt is retrying the 50 layout from stash challenge this year.  I almost got done with the challenge before breaking don and buying some scrappy supplies.
I treated myself to random odds and ends that I want to try like: clothes pins, stick pin, shaped wire clips, perfect pearls along with a random assortment of embellishments.  I also picked up two pads of paper that will be used for my friends baby album.
 
However this layout is entirely from stash so 1 of 50 here I come
 

No comments:

Post a Comment