Saturday, October 12, 2013

Stash busting layouts 28-30

Some of the Lasting memories Design team have been on a stash busting challenge for almost six weeks now and I'm excited to say that I've made it to more then half way.  The main objective is to us up our stash while making 50 layouts, before we can buy new stuff. 
 I'm pleased to say that I've been pretty good so far and have only really bought adhesives like I promised, but it's getting harder.  The class at big picture helped push me to get several of my layouts done, but now I'm stuck on the challenge #7 product.
I don't really have any kits and have started looking at what's out there.  Lots of cool stuff...good thing I can't spend.  I'm sure I'll figure something out for the Left brain  kit based challenge,
 the right should be easy.
 
I did reward myself when I got to the half way mark with a new cricut cartridge and will probably do the same when I get to the end.  It's the little treats that help keep us motivated
 
In the mean time I'm working on getting 2012-2013 GS scrapbook done so I can take it to a recruitment night
rededication ceremony
 GS paper from K and company that I scored at big lots two years ago.
$2 for a 12X12 pad, had to buy 3 of them. Wood grain washi tape 
 that I picked up just before the start of the challenge and super old stickers that I bought from the girl scout shop
Christmas Crafts
The awesome background paper is  a goodwill find. I got a bunch of mystery paper as it was all packed together in a giant Ziploc. (like almost everything in it)  The ornament stickers are CM from way back.  I ran out of pop dots so I used some orange buttons and glue dots to lift the sticker off the page.  This is the first time I've used dollies.  Kind of fun that they are from the same pack that the girls used to do the wrapping paper rubbings.

close up of dolly and ornament sticker

Christmas Caroling
This page is from a Christmas album that I de constructed. It's one of the few that I left intact and actually added to.  Under all of the rhinestones is a coordinating colored dot, except for under the diamond were yellow dots.  I think that's why I didn't like it at first as the yellow clashed with the silver on the tag.  Definitely like it now that it's blinged up
 
So there you have it.  I still have more layouts to go to finish off the scout book, but I'm getting there

No comments:

Post a Comment