Sunday, August 18, 2013

look at how we've grown

Has your style changed since you started scrapping?  Do you keep up with the latest trends and gadgets?  We want to see how your scrap booking has grown from the early days till now. The DT at Lasting memories is sharing some of their first LO's  as well as a more recent one. 
 
I started scrapping in high school in the early 1990's
what I did back then I don't have anymore as I took it apart to save my memories from those nasty glue backed photo albums.  I still have a few more mementos to salvage.
 
So what I'm sharing now is from 1999 when I started in the acid free paper scrapping.
My husbands cousin was just getting started with creative memories and I had just had my first daughter.  My how times have changed
 
This is one of the first that I did using the CM oval and circle cutting system.
Every photo is matted and the corners are triangles from the short cuts pack.  I know the border sticker wasn't CM because they weren't making them back then.  Everything is mounted directly on the album page as I hadn't got into using background pages.
 
Flash forward to July 2013
 I just did this layout at the scrap retreat I was at.
I always have a base background paper to build on and I've moved away from shaped photos a bit.
I'm mostly into rectangles and squares right now.  Not everything is matted either.  Just a few pops her and there.
 I'm also trying to use up some of my older stash so the photo corners, arrow and center sticker are from the CM rugged collection from a few years back.  I also do a most of my titles with my cricut instead of stickers although it's kind of a mix though right now as I'm trying to use up stash.
Got to keep chipping away.
 
 I also tend to use sketches for inspiration .   With 4 kids, work and scouts that it's a huge time saver to already have a basic design to work from.  This layout however is more of a just throw them on there type of layout.  I was trying to recreate the chaos that descends on the house after a weekend camping trip

close up of my title using the cheerful font from CM cheerful seasons cartridge. 
 I outlined the letters with brown pen to make it stand out from the background

journaling "This is what the house looks like after a weekend camping trip"
 
Hope you've enjoyed a peek into my past scrapping and seeing where I'm at today. 
Why don't you do the same and share it with us at lasting memories
 
Check back on Monday for the winner of my bling pack
 

9 comments:

  1. Great layouts - pictures are so unique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember those Creative Memories Circles. Hmm... wonder what I did with them?

    Love both layouts;) camping chaos is a perfect title too! lOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha.. I remember "shaping" my pics too.. lol..
    I am loving this LO's.. Thanks!
    Toni.. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Camping Chaos - perfect title!!! Love it!! Yep, the infamous CM shapes!! I still have a few but I don't cut pics like I used to. I never really thought about what else could be in those photos till later on. Now I really look before I even trim. You just never know. Great LO's this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love them both. The new layout is so fun. You've done a great job to interpret the chaos on your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, I have those circle cutting things somewhere....well the circles..I lost the knife thingy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooooooo!!!! Loving the comparison between the old and new. No background pages? I cant imagine that. Wow have things changed in scrap land... I really love both pages, you did amazing work at the beginning with such limited supplies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. great page.. my first LO looks just like yours. did you get the ovals as your first purchase?? i have about 10 pages that all look the same ;)

    ReplyDelete