Sunday, April 7, 2013

Childhood memories at lasting memories

Go find those cute photos of you as a kid and get them scrapped. 
 This weeks challenge is all about childhood memories at lasting memories.

If you don't have photos of yourself you could scrap about a favorite place, toy, friend.
You get the picture as long as it's something from your childhood.
I went with a Halloween picture from preschool.


I found that when I went through the pictures of me from birth till grade school that I really don't remember anything about the early years of my life.  The first real memory I have is of the playground at St Aiden's preschool in Virginia and catching daddy long legs (spiders)

The  photos in this layout are from the Halloween parade at St.Aiden's preschool 1978. 
 I was almost 5 and still remember the thrift store dish/ base to my gazing ball.  My mom painted one of my balls with white paint and the dish with gold spray paint.  Unfortunately the ball kept popping out of the dish and the paint had peeled off before trick or treating that night.

I used this sketch from scrappy sketches as my inspiration

 the base page is Creative Memories Halloween addition and the yellow is from the 6x6 spooky pad by CM as well.  Ribbon is from my stash and was sewn onto a scrap of paper to keep the pleating in place.
I cut the title with gypsy font and then hand drew the black line to mimic the thread across the orange ribbon. The die cuts are all from the spooky 6x6 pad.  I tried something new and used liquid accents to make the die cuts look like epoxy stickers. Kind of messed up the banner one trying to smooth out a bubble

Hope you'll share one of your childhood memories with us at lasting memories this week

4 comments:

  1. I love what you did with this challenge! That green and orange ribbon are fab!!!! So looking forward to getting to know you and working along side you!
    Blessings,
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a lot of photos that I have to ask about as well. I don't remember everything, but it's nice to have the photos. Cool idea with your gazing ball and love your LO!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suck a sweet page,I really like the papers you used!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your LO, great color combo, love how you layered your ribbon.
    TFS!
    ClaireR -LMDT

    ReplyDelete