Sunday, July 22, 2012

Black and white at LMCB -Navy Men

This weeks challenge over at lasting memories is to use Black and White with a splash of color. Whether you use a black and white photo or paper, we want to see mostly black and white with just a splash of color.

I have been trying to get started on my Dad's family album and this is the fourth LO so far.  I'm having a hard time with faces, names and places and really only have my mom to ask and sometimes she doesn't know or she'll have to look at the pic which is hard to do more then 2000miles away in CO.

For this LO I used Black, metallic gray and white card stock.
A little colored ribbon and rhinestone bling.  That's it.
I cut the boat in the background from CM travel cart at 5 inches and font 2 at 2 inches.
  I  also welded 3 anchor borders together.  To make the anchors stand out for the black background I outlined them white white gel pen and added tiny rhinestone bling at the top. 

The cloud is embossed with Devinne swirl and I also added larger rhinestones over the ship windows
I hope you can join us this week at lasting memories

2 comments:

  1. Haven I love this layout. Love the cute little picture of the little sailor. The title, the ship and the anchor are all awesome. Love that you are doing this with family pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great memory, you showcased! Perfect boat!

    ReplyDelete