Thursday, June 7, 2012

Fireman Eric



 As promised I'm back with a layout to play along with  Child's play challenge and a few other fun challenges

So let's start with Child's Play challenge- Cozy coupe. 
 I pulled the colors straight from the inspiration photo, right down to the little boys shirt too.
Little Tikes Cozy Coupe

The layout itself is from Sketch with a twist.
The twist is to use fabric
I did a combo of denim paper for the circles and real denim for the strips sticking out from under the buttons

I changed the photo placement  and circle size too.
  I went larger  3.5 inches to accommodate my sweet sons face

Close up of left side of layout.  I made the buttons with my CM 1 1/4"circle punch.
I layered three pieces of punched card stock to give it some thickness. 
Chalked the outer edge with white chalk ink and drew an inner circle with white gel pen to make it more like a real button.  The thread is thin strips of paper
 Close up of title and journaling.

" Like most four year old, Eric is obsessed with fire trucks.
 Not just trucks, but anything fire related.
 Extinguishers, fire alarms, hoses and water
but most of all he love his fireman raincoat."

I'm also including a photo of his raincoat. 
I know it's not in his closet.  It usually lives on the doorknob anyway.
The challenge over at True XOXO is the smell of fresh clean laundry- so dive into your closet for some inspiration.

I should also add this to Lasting Memories how do you fold as all the diamond tiles started out as circles that had the edges folded over

15 comments:

  1. So So cute!!!! I love how you did this one haven!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow... love the details and your folding... fab lo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven,
    This is AWESOME!!!!! The folds are so cool, love the color combo too!! Just a terrific all around lo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a fun and vibrant layout! I love the colors and your fabrics, very cool! thanks for playing along with us at swat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI.. the colors grabbed me as soon as I saw this in the gallery! such brigh and fun colors and perfect for a fireman theme.. I love how you have adapted the sketch to suit your photos and how you wanted the layout.. this is fabulous! Thanks for joining in at Sketches with a Twist!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my goodness, love how you incorporated his fireman's coat for the closet challenge at True XOXO!! Great job with the sketch, I was intimidated by it, but you have doen a fabulous job!! =) Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! I don't think I would even attempt this sketch and you totally rocked it!! This is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haven,what a terrific LO! Love your colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haven this is so adorable! Love the quilted look. I got some pics of granddaughters this weekend in their car so I can try this challenge at Child's Play. Awesome layout you have inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. the bright colors and cute pics are wonderful! I just love how you've folded the papers as well as the stitching. A fabulous take on the sketch!
    Thanks for sharing and playing along with us at SWAT this month!
    Raechelle- SWAT DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am loving your use of the fabric and bright colors for your take on the sketch this month, its really eyecatching and I bet this fabulously fun page and the gorgeous photos will be treasured in years to come. Thanks so much for joining us at Sketches with a Twist this month.
    Danie - SWAT DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Beautiful job on the sketch and details! Thank you for playing along with True XOXO!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Vote is up!

    https://truexoxoscrapbooking.wordpress.com/2012/07/28/vote-for-your-favorite-junefrom-the-closet-layout/

    Good luck!
    xoxo
    Linds

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have some news for you! Please visit our blog
    http://truexoxoscrapbooking.wordpress.com/2012/08/15/june-july-winners/

    Thanks for playing!

    xoxo
    Linds

    ReplyDelete